Archive for the ‘Home Services’ Category
Removing a tree stump yourself can back breaking, time consuming and extremely hard work.
So why not use one of the specialist tree stump removal companies in Harrogate
Tree stumps removal in Harrogate on Harrogate Online, have a look and save yourself time and effort by getting in a professional
Christams Trees will be delivered again in Harrogate from The Christmas Aspect again in 2010 with a brand new website making it even easier to order online.
Now with FREE delivery in the Harrogate area and for just an extra £2.50 they will erect the tree in it’s base in your home.
Along with Christmas trees in Harrogate you can buy Tree Lights and fantastic tree bases.
If you are looking for a wine merchant in Harrogate or a wine supplier in Harrogate then look no further.
Redfield wines are passionate about wines and as an independent Wine Merchant we’ve been able to source and hand pick an amazing selection of wines. New World and Old World styles, red, white, rosé and sparkling, we have wines to suit all tastes and for all occasions – parties, weddings, gifts, wines for the cellar and personal consumption!
Redfield wines have a superb online shop where you can order your hand picked for delivery locally or nationally. They even give free delivery for orders over £120.
Aspect Forestry or Stumps.biz will be able to help you with all of your tree surgeon needs.
Tree Work Harrogate by Aspect Forestry in Harrogate.
Aspect Forestry are based in Harrogate and Leeds and can offer an array of tree work services in Harrogate and Yorkshire.
Their services include:
- Tree Work Harrogate
- Tree Surgeons in Harrogate
- Tree Crown Reduction Harrogate
- Fire Wood In Harrogate
- Chipping and Clearnace harrogate
- Tree Crown reduction in Harrogate
One of Harrogate vets, Bull and Alexander, which has been established for over 18 years have launched a new website to compliment the excellent veterinary clinic in Harrogate.
Bull and Alexnader’s veterinary surgery in Harrogate is open Monday to Friday from 8:30am-7:00pm and we cater for clients with small animals, along with farm and equine patients. We offer a daily surgery, home visits if required, in house radiography and same day results from a professional laboratory.
They also provide caring user friendly out of hours 24/7 for all species, for those unexpected emergencies.
Bull and Alexander are one of the only vet in Harrogate that treat almost all animals.
Their services include:
- Dog vet in Harrogate
- Cat vet in harrogate
- Horse vet in Harrogate
- Equine services in Harrogate
- All small, medium and large pets and equine treated
- Modern Fully Equipped Surgery
- Diet & Nutrition Advice
- Supply of prescription foods
- Dentistry & Oral Care
- Health Checks & Vaccinations
- Pet Insurance
View their Harrogate Online page in the Vets in Harrogate section where you will find more info and all their contact details and a web link.
Looking for Tiles in Harrogate then check out Harrogate Online’s tiles Harrogate section.
We have one of Harrogate’s finest tile supplier at Interceramica and Yortile based on hornbeam Park Harrogate.
Do you need to find a plasterer in Harrogate.
Whether you are looking for a harrogate plasterer for a straight forward plastering job like overskimming or more elaborate like coving and cornices then take a look at Harrogate Online’s Harrogate Plasterers list.
You will find a good list of plasterers in Harrogate by following this link – Harrogate Plasterers
Tips and Hints from A1 Insurance
Be prepared for the thaw
Date: 8 January 2010
We are here and ready to help. To make a claim, call us on 01937 581417 or look on our website for the contact numbers for insurers helplines 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
The cost and personal inconvenience caused by a burst pipe claim can be considerable with claims often running into many thousands of pounds. Just a small fracture can release hundreds of gallons of water into your property; damaging carpets, walls, ceilings and also personal items.
The chance of suffering these losses can be reduced and we would recommend taking the following steps to do this:
- Check the location of your stopcock.
- Check whether your boiler needs servicing.
- Check the insulation on your water pipes and cold water tank, those in the attic or other vulnerable spaces should be lagged or similarly protected.
- Modern methods of insulation can be so effective in keeping heat within your property that attics can become very cold, this could cause a pipe to freeze. We therefore recommend you keep your loft hatch open if you have pipes in the attic to keep this area warm.
- Keep doors between heated and unheated rooms open to allow warm air to circulate.
- Keep cupboard doors open below sinks to allow warm air to circulate around the plumbing.
- Seal any holes or gaps that may be letting cold air into your property.
- Make sure any valleys and gulley’s on your roof are kept clear and free from debris.
- Make sure any external taps are turned off and disconnect any hoses.
- If you discover a frozen pipe don’t wait for it to burst. Turn off your water supply and then slowly thaw the affected pipe by introducing gentle heat to the area e.g. hair dryer, space heater, hot water bottle. DO NOT attempt to thaw the pipe with a blow torch or other open flame such as a cigarette lighter or matches.
What if you are going away or the property will be unoccupied?
- Keep your property heated to reduce the chance of a pipe freezing.
- If you are going away for an extended break drain and shut off your water system.
- Ask somebody to check on your property daily. This may not prevent a loss but early identification of an escape can help reduce the ultimate cost.
- Ensure you have complied with any unoccupancy conditions or warranties listed in your policy. If you need any clarification call us on 01937 581417
What if the worst happens?
- Turn off the water supply at the stopcock. This should prevent any more water escaping into your property.
- Where practical try and catch any excess water in a bucket or other container.
- Do not use any electrics if you believe these may have been affected by the escaping water. You will need to have these checked by a professional electrician.
- Call us immediately on 01937 581417 to report your claim. We have to a wide range of specialists who can assist with the drying out and clean up of your property and also the necessary repairs or replacement.
We are here and ready to help.
HOUSEHOLD CLAIMS HELPLINE NUMBERS
COMPANY TELEPHONE NO
ALLIANZ 0845 0731114
AVIVA 0800 012345
AXA 0870 5561161
BRIT 0800 5876713
BROKER DIRECT 0844 2489310
CON & GENERAL 01274 700700
ECCLESIASTICAL 0845 6038381
EQUITY 0870 240 1568 OR 0870 240 3598
FORTIS 0870 1222021
GROUPAMA 0870 2403093
LEGAL & GENERAL 0845 2700088
MMA 0844 902 0789
NIG 0870 6071626
PARAGON 0115 9349818
PRESTIGE 08450 777666
TOWERGATE 0870 9050683
ZURICH (B-D) 01204 600311
ZURICH (EMERGENCIES) 0845 712 5220
Firewood delivered in harrogate and surrounding area from one of our longest running clients, Aspect Forestry based in Harrogate.
They sell their firewwod logs in two sizes, standard (0.5ton – 0.7 ton) or a large load of approx. 1 ton. If a large load is ordered they will guarantee a 50/50 split between hard and soft wood.